The mission of the Exploratory Advising Office at Cleveland State University is to facilitate the academic persistence, progress, retention and success of all students who are undecided about their academic major, program, or intended career path. The Exploratory Advising Office works in concert and collaboration with other University advising and academic support offices. Also provided are a variety of resources that assist a student in making progress toward the completion of a Bachelor's degree in a major or academic program which is suitable for a student's academic interests and skills.
The goals of the Exploratory Advising Office include:
- To assist students in the exploration of potential academic major and/or career paths
- To help develop an appropriate academic plan which includes assistance in course selection
- To provide students with accurate information about the academic requirements and policies and procedures of the University
- To assess and evaluate students' on-going progress toward their educational goals
- To encourage students to seek out and utilize academic support services that aids them in reaching their educational goals
- To assure a smooth and timely transition of students to the appropriate college advising office once the student has made a decision about his or her intended academic major or program