The following policies and guidelines are designed to assist you in the preparation of your Credit Overload Request. Before filing your request form, please review the attached form to ensure its completeness and accuracy, and make sure you append any documentation that you wish to submit in support your request. Forms that are submitted without all necessary and relevant information will be returned as incomplete.
Students must submit a Credit Overload Request Form in order to register for more than 19 credit hours.
- Student intending to take 20+ credit hours and meeting the following conditions are eligible to have their permission form for credit overload reviewed/approved directly by their advisor:
- Sophomore or Junior Standing (between 30and 89 credit hours completed) with a minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA.
- Senior standing (90 or more credit hours completed) with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Students who do not meet the criteria above must also include a typed statement describing the extenuating circumstances which require a credit overload and include any information which demonstrates capability of handling the additional credit hours. Requests will be forwarded to the College of Business Undergraduate Petitions Committee for review (committee meets every three weeks).
- Overload requests will only be entered if above criteria is met and course has open enrollment seats and is not closed at the time of request.
Students will be contacted via telephone or email regarding the results of the overload request within one business day.
Please download credit overload form and return it to Undergraduate Advising Office, Monte Ahuja College of Business (BU 219) or email to