Posted on October 6, 2010
Attending our two-day SAS workshop will increase your chances of finding jobs and internships.
UPDATE: We had an overwhelming number of responses for the SAS workshop, which is now FULL. If you are still interested in attending, please call 216.687.4740 or send an e-mail to Dr. Oya Tukel at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will let you know if there are any cancellations.
Additionally, we will be offering another SAS workshop in the spring. Those who were not able to participate in the fall workshop will have the opportunity to register for the one in spring.
The Department of Operations and Supply Chain Management will be holding a two-day SAS workshop in October. This is a great opportunity to sharpen your business and analytical skills, and it will improve your resume and increase your chances of finding jobs and internships.
- Date: October 8th and October 15th (must attend both days)
- Time: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Place: BU 17B (at CSU)
- Fee: Only $89 for both days, or free to OSM Undergraduate majors
What You'll Practice & Learn
In this workshop, the things you will be taught are in the list below. For each part, it is important to remember that everything will be hands on -- you will practice as you learn.
- First, the basics of data management will be introduced. This includes incorporating data into SAS and combining, manipulating, and updating data.
- Next, you will learn various ways of analyzing data, such as various statistical methods, graphical methods, and generating reports from data.
- Finally, we will also touch on various specialized procedures which are part of SAS, such as forecasting, quality control, project management, bill of materials, optimization, etc.
Workshop Registration & Completion
- You can register for the workshop by calling 216.687.4740, or by sending an e-mail to Dr. Oya Tukel at email@example.com.
- All materials will be provided.
- Upon successful completion of the workshop, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
If you have any more questions, please contact the department. We hope to see you there!