The Department of Operations and Supply Chain Management will be offering an Excel workshop in July. Microsoft Excel is one of the most commonly used tools for data analysis and business decision making.
What You'll Practice & Learn
The one day workshop focuses on how to use Excel to make business decisions. Students will build and solve four business cases using Excel tools:
- Case 1: The first case consists of three parts:
-P&L Analysis and visualization of data using charts, histograms, and graphs
-Breakeven point calculation
-NPV calculation for investment decision
- Case 2: How to use a solver to determine an optimal solution.
- Case 3: Develop and graph sales forecasts.
- Case 4: Develop a simulation model.
|Date:|| ||July 15, 2011|
|Time:|| ||9:00am - 4:00pm|
| ||BU 17A |
(lower level computer lab)
Free to OSM Undergraduate majors
Please note that the workshop requires that you already have basic knowledge in using Excel.
The instructor for the workshop will be
Ms. Dan Yu, a CSCP and Supply Chain Cost Analyst for Dealer Tire. She received her MS in Supply Chain from Case Western University and is also the APICS director of Education.
Workshop Registration & Completion
- If you would like to register for the workshop, you must do so by calling 216.687.4740, or by sending an e-mail to Niki Zmij at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The capacity is limited to 40 people, based on first-come, first-served registration.
- All materials will be provided.
- Upon successful completion of the workshop, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Completing this workshop will improve your resume and increase your chances of finding jobs and internships. If you have any more questions, please contact the OSM department. We hope to see you there!
Oya I. Tukel, Ph. D.,
Chair and Professor
Department of Operations and Supply Chain Management
Nance College of Business
Cleveland State University