April 13, 2011
Representatives from Giant Eagle's DC spoke with students
On April 12, a recruitment team from the Giant Eagle's (and Seaway Foods) distribution center gave a presentation to OSM students about their daily routines in the supply chain field.
Some of the topics covered during the presentation included:
- Different distribution centers focus on different types of merchandise.
- The large quantity of palettes they receive on a daily basis.
- The major costs of running a large distribution center.
- Improved results in safety after better training and other initiatives were implemented.
- How quick it takes to fulfill orders today compared to a few years ago.
- Whether or not a point-of-sale system is in place.
- The type of jobs available at the distrbution center and the necessary experience required for entry-level candidates.
On April 14, we have another recruitment event with Panther Logistics from 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM in room BU 302. Please make plans to attend to learn about the opportunities available at their company.