May 4, 2012
Faculty and staff from the OSM Department gather to say goodbye to colleagues
On May 1, 2012, faculty and staff from the OSM Department gathered for an end-of-the-year luncheon to say goodbye to colleagues and student workers. The following people will be leaving the OSM Department at the conclusion of the Spring 2012 semester:
- Christopher Pokorny, Graduate Assistant: Chris joined the OSM Department in May 2010 as a student assistant before becoming a Graduate Assistant for the department in August 2011. Chris has been responsible for creating and managing the department's website during that span. He will be graduating at the end of the Spring 2012 semester with his Master's in Computer & Information Science.
- Robert Stoll, Visiting Assistant Professor: We would like to congratulate Dr. Stoll for the position he accepted to teach at Ashland University! Dr. Stoll hopes that he can still find time to teach a few courses here and there as a part-time instructor for the OSM Department. Dr. Stoll served as the faculty advisor for the APICS Cleveland Student Chapter this past year.
- Ryan Sylvester, Student Assistant: Ryan joined the OSM Department as a student worker toward the end of the Fall 2011 semester. He will be transferring to Ohio State University in Fall 2012, so we wish him the best of luck!
- R.J. Thornton, Student Assistant: R.J. joined the OSM Department at the beginning of the Fall 2011 semester and is majoring in Operations & Supply Chain Management. A few weeks ago, R.J. received an internship with Parker Hannifin.
- Niki Zmij, Administrative Assistant: After joining the OSM Department in January 2010, Niki started pursuing her MBA degree in 2011 as a part-time student. Effective Summer 2012, she will become a full-time MBA student with aspirations to apply for a DBA program in the future. Niki served as President of the APICS Cleveland Student Chapter this past year.
Every person listed above has played a key role in the operations of the department, and we thank them for their service. Although it is sad to see them go, we are excited to welcome in a new group of faculty and staff members starting in Summer 2012!