Math and science are particularly challenging disciplines. In order to assist students in achieving success in the classroom, the College of Sciences and Health Professions offers the following tutoring services:
- Biological, Geological, and Environmental Sciences: tutoring is available through private arrangement with the instructor as well as through Teaching Assistant office hours.
- Chemistry: free tutoring is available through teaching assistant office hours and through arrangement with instructors.
- Health Sciences - Speech and Hearing: tutoring can be arranged through graduate students in the program.
- Mathematics: tutoring is available through Graduate Assistants in the Math Learning Center and the Math Testing Center. The Math Learning Center offers targeted tutoring for many classes, including upper-level mathematics classes, and also occasional supplemental instruction. The Math Testing Center offers more generalized tutoring, often for Math Concepts courses.
- Physics: tutoring is available through Graduate Assistants/Teaching Assistants and advanced physics majors in SI 117A.
For information regarding other tutoring services available to Cleveland State students, please visit the Tutoring and Academic Success Center
or the Writing Center