The TRIO/Student Support Services (SSS) Program is grant funded through the U.S. Department of Education and has been part of the Cleveland State University Campus for over 40 years. TRIO/SSS works in cooperation with all offices at Cleveland State University and continues to be committed to helping students progress towards graduation and beyond. TRIO/SSS provides opportunities for academic development, assists students with basic college requirements, and serves to support and motivate students toward the successful completion of their postsecondary education. The goal of TRIO/SSS is to increase the college retention and graduation rates of its participants and help students make the transition from one level of higher education to the next.
TRIO/SSS participants benefit from services such as:
- Academic advising
- Academic Skills Sessions
- Career Planning Seminars
- Computer Application Workshops
- Cultural and Social Enrichment Activities
- Financial Aid Guidance
- Financial Literacy Workshops
- Graduate and Professional School Preparation
- Peer Mentoring
- Study Abroad Scholarships
- Summer Enrichment Program
- Supplemental Grant Aid (if eligible)
- Tutorial Services
- First generation college student: Neither parent /guardian graduated from a 4-year institution and/or
- Low-income based on federal income guidelines
- Enrollment or accepted for enrollment at Cleveland State University
- U.S. citizen and/or legal permanent resident
- Demonstrated academic need as determined by TRIO/SSS
If you are interested and want to determine your eligibility, please visit the TRIO/Student Support Services Program website at http://www.csuohio.edu/academic/advising/trio.html or call 216-687-2402.
All services are provided at no cost to participants of the TRIO/Student Support Services Program.