Five-Year Bachelor of Arts in Nonprofit Administration + Master of Nonprofit Administration and Leadership (B.A.; M.N.A.L.)
Degrees granted: Bachelor of Arts and Master of Nonprofit Administration and Leadership
Advising: designated college adviser for Phases I and II, phone: 216-687-3884; for Phase III, phone: 216-523-7522
Student organizations: Urban Studies Association
The five-year B.A.+ M.N.A.L. is a fast-track program designed for high-performing undergraduates in the Nonprofit Administration program. By accelerating the completion of two degrees, students can jumpstart their careers as professionals in the nonprofit sector.
Students submit an application for admission to the BA+MA program through the Urban Studies advising office. A complete application is comprised of the 4+1 application form, official Graduate Record Exam scores, and two letters of recommendation from faculty.
Minimum qualifications: 90 hours earned, grade-point average of 3.25 or better, GRE scores at the 40th percentile (verbal and quantitative combined) or higher, and an Analytical Writing score of 4.0 or better, plus completion of core competencies with grades of B or higher in UST 300, UST 302, UST 404, and NAD 451, or their transfer equivalents.
Upper Division College Requirements (8 credit hours)
Required Courses (28 credit hours)
- UST 300 Economics of Policy Analysis*
- UST 302 Contemporary Urban Issues*
- NAD 433 Negotiation and Conflict Management
- NAD 451 Fundraising and External Relations for Nonprofit Organizations*
- NAD 452 Management of Public and Nonprofit Organizations
- PAD 518 Public Human Resources Management*
- NAL 550 Fundamentals of Nonprofit Administration and Leadership*
Restricted Elective (3-4 credit hours)
- ENV 435 Environmental Policy
- UST 419 Neighborhood Planning
- NAD 453 Managing Urban Diversity
- NAD 455 Gender and Leadership
- UST 494 Levin Chair Seminar
- SWK 303 Human Behavior and Social Environments
The B.A. in Nonprofit Administration is awarded with 128 credit hours earned and completion of all General Education, college and major-field requirements. The cumulative GPA must be at least 3.0 with B or better in all 500-level courses.
*must earn B or better
Core (11-12 credit hours.)
- NAL 602 Applied Quantitative Reasoning II (4 hrs.) OR
- SWK 675 Program Evaluation (3 hrs.)
- NAL 604 Organizational Behavior (4 hrs.)
- NAL 652 Financial Administration and Control of Nonprofits
Electives (minimum 6 credit hours.)
Exit Requirement (4 credit hours.)
The M.N.A.L. degree is awarded upon completion of a minimum of eight graduate courses taken during Phase II (B.A.) and Phase III (M.N.A.L.) for a minimum of 30 credit hours. All Graduate College and M.N.A.L. Program rules regarding academic standing and graduation apply.