Degree granted: Bachelor of Arts
Hours required for major: 38-39
Advising: Students are advised in the Levin college Office of Student Services, 216-687-3884.
The Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Leadership is a multidisciplinary program of study for those interested in leadership theory and practice. The program prepares students to assume leadership roles in organizational settings in the public, private and nonprofit sectors.
The degree program is a joint venture of the Levin College of Urban Affairs, the Monte Ahuja College of Business, and the School of Communication. Students are admitted to the Levin College, where the major is housed. Students are advised in the College that houses their specialized track.
Internship opportunities are available to all students; scholarships are available to qualified students. Required courses are available both day and evening. Students in the urban studies track with substantial prior learning experience may apply for credit through the Assessment and Accreditation of Prior Learning Experience program (216-687-4506). Opportunities to participate in small seminar groups, research projects, and online courses are available. Students should consult their advisers for assistance in planning their course of study.
- Core Courses
(22 credit hours)
- *One Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) course must be completed in the specialized track. WAC Courses are marked with an asterisk.
- Communication Track (choose 16 credit hours)
- Management Track (choose 16-17 credit hours)
- *GAD 250 Business Communications OR MKT 351 Business, Society, and Government
- MLR 342 Staffing Organizations
- MLR 404 Organizational Theory and Design
- MLR 447 Cross-Functional Management
- MLR 477 Managerial Skill Development
- UST 433 Negotiation and Conflict Management, OR
COM 366 Communication and Conflict
- Urban Studies Track (choose 16 credit hours)