Degree granted: Bachelor of Arts
Hours required for major: 34
Articulation Agreements: human services, community health management
Advising: designated college adviser: phone: (216) 687-2138
Student organizations: Urban Studies Association, Pi Alpha Alpha
Internship opportunities are available to all students; scholarships are available to qualified students. All courses in major fields are available in the evening; students with substantial prior learning experience may apply for credit through the Assessment and Accreditation of Prior Learning Experience program.
Opportunities to participate in small seminar groups, research projects, and online courses are available. Students may also participate in the Cooperative Education Program. Students should consult their advisers for assistance in planning course work.
Urban Services Administration majors are required to complete a minimum of 34 credit hours from the following courses, A and B.
- Required Courses (28 credit hours):
- UST 300 Economics of Policy Analysis
- UST 302 Contemporary Urban Issues
- USA 410 Proposal Writing and Program Development
- USA 433 Negotiation and Conflict Management
- USA 451 Fundraising and External Relations for Nonprofit Organizations
- USA 452 Management of Urban and Nonprofit Organizations
- USA 456 Institutional Development of the Nonprofit Organization
- Electives (6-8 credit hours) chosen from:
- ENV 435 Environmental Policy and Administration
- MKT 301 Introduction to Marketing
- MLR 321 Organizational Behavior
- SWK 300 Social Welfare Policy
- SWK 303 Human Behavior and Social Environments
- USA 380 Urban Family Development
- USA 453 Managing Urban Diversity
- USA 455 Gender and Leadership
- UST 419 Neighborhood Planning
Students in any discipline may elect to minor in Urban Studies, Urban Services Administration, or Environmental Studies. The Urban Services Administration minor consists of 20 credit hours.
Urban Services Administration Minor (20 credit hours)
- Required Courses:
- Students choose two courses from the following: